We are a private billing practice .
During the last 5 years Butler Village Medical Centre has delivered a high standard bulk billing healthcare service to our patients.
As you are undoubtedly aware, the cost of providing quality health services has increased significantly in recent times. The practice is no longer able to absorb these increasing costs.
From the 6th of February 2023 Butler Village Medical Centre has changed to a Private Practice and will no longer be routinely bulk billing patients.
Much like any other small business, GP clinics have to charge gap fees to keep up with the rising costs of inflation. This is the responsibility of the government; they should be increasing the Medicare rebate so our patients are not affected with the rising out of pocket fees. If you want to do something about this, please contact your local members of parliament.
There will be circumstances where patients are possibly offered reduced rates. I.e. pensioner’s, children and concession card holders. Please discuss this with your doctor. We will continue to Bulk bill DVA cardholders, Mental Health Care Plans, Care Plans, Health Assessments and Government funded programs, including vaccinations.
We have kept the fees as low as possible, and patients will be required to pay for their consultation, in full, on the day of their appointment. The Medicare rebate will be processed during payment and should be back in your account within 24 hours.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding.
All private appointments must be paid in full on the day. By default, Medicare will post you a cheque for the appropriate rebate unless you have lodged your bank details with them, in which case it will be transferred directly to your account. Call Medicare on 132011 to lodge your details. Administrative charges will be levied on overdue accounts.
When booking, please use the following guides to ask for an appropriate length consultation to suit your needs:
- Standard Consultation (10 minutes): One ailment (e.g. a cold or new medical problem), a referral to a specialist for a new condition or a review of a chronic condition.
- Long Consultation (20 minutes): More than one ailment, some new patients,skin cancer checks, well person checks, health assessments or Centrelink forms to be completed.
- Extended Consultation (over 30 minutes): Insurance medicals or pre-employment checks that cannot be done within 30 minutes.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Work cover.
- Certain procedures will be privately billed without medicare rebate including some work medicals, HR commercial licenses
- Overseas patients and visitors
ON WEEKENDS PRIVATE BILLING FEES APPLY. TO ALL PATIENTS INCLUDING CHILDREN .