Dr. Franjo Dragojevic
MEDICAL SCHOOL: Medical Faculty, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Dr. Med., University of Zagreb, Croatia, 1988
AMC Cert. 1994
Grad. Dipl. Rural General Practice, 2003
Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice, 2006
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS DURING UNDERGRADUATE COURSE:
- Average score for the Course 4.74 out of 5 ( Scored 5/5 in 31 out of 41 subjects taken ).
- University of Zagreb award in 1985 ( original research and excellence of presentation ).
- Awarded positions of undergraduate assistant to the Department of Biophysics, Anatomy and Pathology during academic years 1983 – 1986.
POSTGRADUATE CLINICAL QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT:
- Postgraduate Internship at the University Hospital, Zagreb, 1988 – 1989.
- Passed Registration exams for foreign Medical Graduates in New Zealand, NZREX I and II, 1990.
- Passed Registration exams for foreign Medical Graduates in Australia, AMC Part I and II, 1991.
- PhD Research Student, Dpt. Of Pathology, University of Sydney, NSW, 1991 – 1994.
- Part time tutor, Dpt. Of Pathology, University of Sydney, NSW, 1991 – 1994.
- Resident Medical Officer 1, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, Northern Territory, 1994 – 1995.
- Resident Medical Officer 2, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, Northern Territory, 1995 – 1996.
- (During two years of Residency Clinical terms included Accident & Emergency, General Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery).
- Regiment Medical Officer, Australian Army Reserve, 1BASB, Darwin, 1995 – 1996.
- Regiment Medical Officer, Australian Army Reserve, Norforce, Darwin, 1997 – 1998.
- Emergency Department Medical Officer, Darwin Private Hospital, 1995 - 1997.
- Service Orthopaedic Registrar, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, 1996 – 1997.
- RACGP Rural General Practice Training Scheme, 1997 – 2002.
- Anaesthetic/ ICU Resident Medical Officer, Royal Darwin Hospital, Darwin, 1997 – 1998.
- Paediatric / O&G Resident Medical Officer, North West Regional Hospital, Burnie, Tasmania 1998 – 1999.
- GP Registrar , City Medical Practice, Burnie, Tasmania, 1999 – 2000.
- ICU / Anaesthetic Registrar, North West Regional Hospital, Burnie, Tasmania, 2000 – 2001 (Completed 12 months of Anaesthetics Rural Skills Training / Obtained Joint Consulatative Committee on Anaesthesia G.P. Anaesthetist Certificate).
- Emergency Department Senior Medical Officer, North West Regional Hospital, Burnie, 2001.
- Medical Officer, Royal Flying Doctor Service, Western Operations, Derby Base, 2001 – 2002.
- Regimental Medical Officer, Norforce, Kimberly Squadron, 2001 – 2002.
- Senior Medical Officer, Emergency Department, St. John of God, Murdoch, WA, 2002-2003.
- GP Registrar, Beaumaris Family Practice, Ocean Reef, WA, 2002 - 2003.
- Senior Medical Officer, Emergency Department, Joondalup Hospital, 2003 - present.
COURSES / CONFERENCES:
- Issues and controversies in Severe Trauma, Conference, Melbourne, 1994.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course, Darwin, 1995.
- Basic Life Support Instructors Course, Darwin, 1995.
- Early Management of Severe Trauma Course, Hobart, 1996.
- Early Management of Severe Burns Course, Alice Springs, 1996.
- ADF Rotary Wing Aeromedical Evacuation Course, Townsville, 1997.
- Controversies in Civilian and Military Trauma, Symposium, Brisbane, 1997.
- Emergency Life Support Course, Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine, Burnie, 1998.
- Advanced Paediatric Life Support Course, Advanced Life Support Group, Launceston, 1999.
- Military Medicine Conference, Sydney, 1999.
- Military Medicine Conference, Hobart, 2000.
- ALSO Course, 2003.
- ACEM Conference, Perth, 2004.
- ATS Conference, Sydney, 2004.
- EMST Course, 2005.
- AMA Conference, 2009.
- RACGP Conference, Hobart, 2011.
- RACGP Conference, Gold Coast, 2012.
- RACGP Conference, Darwin, 2013.
- ESTES Conference, Lion, 2013.
- Scholarship, "R. M. Lake and L. A. Bonamy", University of Sydney, 1991 – 1992.
- Scholarship, "Sandoz Gerontological Foundation", 1992 – 1993.
- RMO Dr R.E. Buttfield prize for 2000, Burnie, Tasmania.
- "The effects of ageing on different functional regions of human cerebellar cortex", submitted to "Synapse", F.Dragojevic, G.M.Halliday and C.G.Harper, .
- "Papilloedema secondary to acute purulent sinusitis", J.Paediatr. Child Health, 1999, F.Dragojevic, R.Kishore Kumar, M.H. Ghali, and F. Young.