Most appointments can be bulk billed for patients who hold valid Medicare cards. For patients who do not hold Medicare cover, please ask our reception staff for the range of private fees.
All private appointments must be paid in full on the day. By default, Medicare will post you a cheque for the appropriate rebate unless you have lodged your bank details with them, in which case it will be transferred directly to your account. Call Medicare on 132011 to lodge your details. Administrative charges will be levied on overdue accounts.
When booking, please use the following guides to ask for an appropriate length consultation to suit your needs (both bulk bill and private):
- Standard Consultation (10 to 15 minutes): One ailment (e.g. a cold or new medical problem), a referral to a specialist for a new condition or a review of a chronic condition.
- Long Consultation (20 to 30 minutes): More than one ailment, some new patients,skin cancer checks, well person checks, health assessments or Centrelink forms to be completed.
- Extended Consultation (over 30 minutes): Insurance medicals or pre-employment checks that cannot be done within 30 minutes.
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Work cover. Certain procedures will be privately billed including some work medicals, HR commercial licenses
- Overseas patients and visitors
- Care plans and chronic disease management plans
- EPC for Allied Health
- All referrals to specialists and public hospitals